Our Mission, Vision, Beliefs and Values
Aldridge Education is a Multi-Academy Trust, established by the Aldridge Foundation to fulfil the Aldridge ambition of growth through education. There are currently eight schools within the multi-academy trust, with Aldridge Education also sponsoring an academy school and co-sponsoring a University Technical College. Sir Rod Aldridge was also the Founding Chair of Ada, the National College for Digital Skills, a new FE college whose development is being supported by Aldridge Education.
Is to transform education and lifelong learning in disadvantaged areas and communities. To equip our learners with academic achievements and wider skills and to maximise their potential regardless of whom they are and where they live.
We will create an embedded culture of enterprise and entrepreneurship in our schools to underpin academic achievement, improve life chances and the ability to play a productive role in regenerating their local communities and flourishing in our wider society.
Is that, through an outstanding Aldridge education, the Trust’s students will achieve academically and vocationally beyond initial personal expectations and prior attainment. They will develop increased self-belief and enterprise skills so they can access every life opportunity they want. By the age of 25 they will be thriving economically and making a real, positive contribution to their communities.
- Everyone has the right to an exciting, engaging and relevant education, regardless of who they are, or where they live.
- By instilling the Aldridge Enterprise and Entrepreneurial Attributes of creativity, passion, problem solving, risk-taking, determination and teamwork in all our schools we can provide context and relevance to their education and the skills that will underpin life long learning and success in their working and wider lives.
- Effective education sits at the heart of strong communities. We support our schools and their young people to be catalysts for community regeneration.
- Our schools and colleges are community focused.
- We celebrate the individuality and diversity of our schools.
- We are unafraid to challenge conventional thinking, and a culture of low expectations. We believe there are no limits to what young people can achieve.
- We are committed to non-selective primary and secondary education and for all our schools and colleges to be inclusive.
We are unafraid to challenge conventional thinking, and a culture of low expectations and believe that there are no limits to what young people can achieve.
In our academies, the emphasis on enterprise and entrepreneurial characteristics provides context for the learning of core subjects and is integrated into academy life. These characteristics, or as we refer to them our ‘Aldridge Attributes’ include – creativity, passion, determination, problem solving, risk taking and teamwork – also represent our organisational values. All students have the opportunity to participate in enterprise and entrepreneurial-related activities within and beyond the formal curriculum, which are based on a ‘learning through doing’ approach, ensuring that we bring the real world into learning within the classroom, and take the learning into the real world. This is key to our educational approach.
Our schools retain their individual community identities within the overarching vision of the Trust and each has its own Local Governing Committee. Aldridge is committed to an effective governance model, with consistent procedures and practices developed and Ofsted inspectors have cited governance as a strength in reports at a number of our schools.