Role: Finance and Admin Officer
Posted: Date: February 22nd 2018
Salary: £20,661 – 22,658 pa pro rata – depending on experience
Location: Portslade Aldridge Community Academy (PACA), Portslade, East Sussex
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 9th March
Interview date: Thursday 15th March
Contract type: 36 hours per week (Term time only + 1 week)
Director of Finance and Operations (SE Cluster)
- To be responsible for the day to day processing of all financial transactions for Portslade Aldridge Community Academy (PACA) using the financial systems and processes of the Trust and to support the Finance Team in its operations.
- To provide PACA with administrative support to contribute to the smooth and efficient running of the school.
Sales and Purchases
- To be responsible for the setting up of approved new suppliers for the Academy into the finance system and to maintain a paper file for audit purposes
- To maintain an efficient system of accurately receiving and recording orders and deliveries
- To process purchase orders and issue order to suppliers using the finance system
- To ensure purchase invoices received are appropriately saved and scanned into the finance system for authorisation
- To generate sales invoices on behalf of the Academy and to ensure that they are appropriately recorded in the finance system
- To deal with account queries arising on orders and invoices issued or raised
- To chase orders placed but not yet received for budget holders
- To make supplier payments by BACs or cheque
- To produce aged debtors and creditors reports for analysis and monitoring, taking appropriate action as directed
Cash and Banking
- To have overall responsibility for the receipt, counting, safekeeping and banking of all monies received by the Academy and to liaise with the Director of Finance and Operations (SE Cluster)
- To process petty cash and expenses for the Academy
- Reconciliation and allocation of costs in relation to the Trust’s credit and fuel cards
- To complete the monthly reconciliations (Income, Bank and VAT) for the Trust under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations (SE Cluster)
- To manage a system of collecting cash that is receipted by the Academy
- To manage a system of collecting monies in relation to school trips
- To manage the operation of vending machines ensuring that the machines are well stocked and that cash is appropriately accounted for
Other finance and administrative duties
- To maintain a system of reprographic recharges to departments through monthly journals for the Academy
- To process monthly journals for the Academy.
- To maintain a register of authorised signatories as appropriate via Corero.
- To keep appropriate finance documentation under a central filing system to audit standard
- To provide administrative support, in particular: Take minutes of meetings as directed by the Principal, produce school letters, collate information for senior leaders, produce information packs for Portslade Aldridge Community Academy (PACA)
- To support in the creation of display notice
- To provide general administrative support as required
General duties and responsibilities
- Notwithstanding the detail in this job description, the post holder will undertake such work as may be determined by the Academy
- To keep the Director of Finance and Operations (SE Cluster) and other relevant Senior staff fully informed of all matters that they are involved in and initiatives they undertake
- To cover for absent colleagues, as appropriately required.
- To participate and attend meetings and training as appropriate including INSET days
- To take an active role in own professional development in line with performance management objectives
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To work in accordance with all Academy procedures and policies, to adhere to the Trust’s professional code of conduct for staff and quality standards for all staff including smart dress code
- To actively support Trust Initiatives
Click here to see the – Person Specification
Aldridge Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.