“Everyone has the right to expect an exciting, engaging and relevant education, regardless of who they are, or where they live”
Sir Rod Aldridge OBE
In joining an Aldridge school you’ll be joining a family who share a strong sense of values. We are passionate about attaining the highest standards of achievement and welfare for all of our students, and offering excellent careers opportunities for teachers and support staff.
We are unafraid to challenge conventional thinking and work collaboratively with all the schools in our family and are committed to securing for our students the opportunities, experiences and networks that will help them to succeed, be ‘life ready’, ‘work ready’ and independent. In addition to this we encourage sharing best practice and learning from others within our family of schools and beyond.
We are extremely proud that our schools have won numerous awards which showcase their achievement and facilities in recent years, just a few examples of which are:
- Portslade Aldridge Community Academy won Community School of the Year 2016, at the annual awards hosted by The Argus.
- Darwen Aldridge Community Academy was East Lancashire School of the Year 2015 and was named one eleven schools from eleven countries across Europe to have won the Entrepreneurial School of the Year Award 2015, a national and European recognition of the best schools championing entrepreneurship education. In November 2016 the Academy received a British Council International School Award recognising its “outstanding development of the international dimension in the curriculum”.
- Brighton and Portslade Aldridge Community Academies’ joint Digital Media Academy won the Academy Partnership Award 2016 at the National Education Business Awards.
Our developing national multi-academy trust is organised in regional clusters to ensure that our schools retain their individual community identities, and that we can attract and support new schools to strengthen the family. Each school has its own Local Governing Committee including parent and staff representatives to ensure the local community is engaged with the academy and that it is properly meeting its community’s needs.
Working together as a family of schools supported by a central team means that we can:
- Grow and retain our key leaders and teachers
- Provide greater opportunities for staff secondments and promotions
- Share curriculum development and specialist resources, such as subject leaders, across our schools locally and nationally
- Give our school leaders more time to focus on school improvement and the classroom by pooling and improving school support functions
What do our teachers see as the advantages of working in an Aldridge Education school?
“We have received excellent coaching support and advice from experienced individuals. Aldridge has provided support when capacity/time has not been available internally.”
“Its about the expertise and support received, being part of a brand which has clear goals and vision, being part of an educational organisation which is so innovative and forward thinking.”
Sarah Dench relocated from Brighton to London after teaching at Brighton Aldridge Community Academy for five years and knew she wanted to stay working at an Aldridge school. In September 2015 she joining Kensington Aldridge Academy, you can read her story in full here.
You can also read about our new Middle Leaders training initiative here.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Aldridge family then please take a look at new opportunities in our vacancies section.