By joining with us and becoming an Aldridge school, you will work with a sympathetic group of professionals who have experienced a wide range of challenges and who are hugely capable at getting things done. We work with schools across the country from a range of different starting points and at all stages of their development. Our ambition is consistent though – that Aldridge Education will be a high performing multi-academy trust, consisting of academies that are high performing or have a clear flight path to achieving that goal for their students. We are very proud that the achievements of Kensington Aldridge Academy was recognised in its award by TES of UK Secondary School of the Year 2018.
We have a clear expectation for our academies and colleges:
- To be in the top 10% of academic performance of similar schools or to have a plan in place to achieve this;
- To be on a path to securing outstanding status from Ofsted;
- To be financially stable so as to be able to deliver a full and high quality curriculum;
- To offer enrichment programmes to students designed to give them life changing experiences;
- To deliver an entrepreneurial education, building on the attributes set by the Aldridge Foundation that are designed to make our students more employable and assisting our teachers to more effective in the classroom;
- To play a role in the community ensuring that the academy is seen as a community asset and a place for learning and participation for all, contributing to and enriching the local area socially and economically;
- To work collaboratively with other schools within the family both at an operational and governance level;
- If not already full, to have plans in place to be full within a 5-year period of becoming an Aldridge Academy.
We are unwaveringly committed to Aldridge schools being individual, inclusive, community focussed and able to provide outstanding entrepreneurial education to all of our students. Aldridge Education is currently organised in four regional clusters to ensure that our schools retain their individual community identities, and that we can attract and support new schools to strengthen the family.
Each of our schools has its own governing body. These Local Governing Committees hold the academy leadership to account on school improvement, ensure the local community is engaged with the academy and that it is properly meeting its community’s needs.
As a new and growing multi-academy trust we are developing extensive MAT-led services which we expect to be delivered in the areas of:
- Education improvement – including education partner support; partnerships; quality assurance; subject specialist support networks; leadership and talent development; data support and analysis;
- Governance & Compliance – including clerking; FOI & data protection; health & safety; safeguarding ; record retention; and policy development
- Finance & business – including banking & treasury; payroll; pensions; EFA returns; finance systems & reporting; audit & risk assessment; insurance; and finance team CPD
- Procurement and contract management – across all common areas such as utilities, telephony, broadband, stationery, maintenance
- Marketing, Communications & PR – including branding; school marketing and support for student recruitment; pro-active & crisis management PR; staff, student & parent feedback; website & social media development; and stakeholder community engagement
- HR – including staff recruitment process & admin; HR advice; HR processes & training; DBS oversight; support & guidance for disciplinaries & tribunals; staff policies, terms & conditions; and staff wellbeing
- Legal – commercial and specialist support
- Facilities Management & ICT – including line management of on-site facilities staff; statutory testing & servicing; lettings & local commercial opportunities; ICT infrastructure; and service contract performance & review
- Business Development – including transitioning of news schools into the MAT regional hubs
Aldridge Education schools and their communities also uniquely benefit from the support of the Aldridge Foundation, the charity set set-up by Sir Rod Aldridge that supports community regeneration and social change through entrepreneurship.
If you would like to find out more about becoming an Aldridge school, the benefits of being part of the Aldridge Education family and our approach to being an academy sponsor please email email@example.com or call 0207 297 0340 to arrange a meeting.