Building on the success of its sixth form Aldridge Cricket Academy, Brighton Aldridge Community Academy is extending our partnership with Sussex Cricket to launch the BACA Junior Cricket Academy for Year 7 male and female cricketers.
In addition to enjoying a full GCSE academic curriculum and enrichment programme at the Ofsted “GOOD” rated academy Year 7 students on the Junior Cricket pathway benefit from:
- Over 4 hours of Specialist Cricket Coaching each week (both in curriculum PE lessons and after-school sessions)
- Up to three 1:1 sessions every half term
- Strength & Conditioning Sessions specific to the needs of cricketers
- Competitive indoor and outdoor playing programmes.
The Aldridge Cricket Academy provides exceptional state-school facilities and coaching for young cricketers who have a dream to become high level players. Graduates from the sixth form programme include Will Sheffield, who was named in Sussex 1st XI squads last season while still at BACA; Sussex Women’s player Tara Norris; and Liam O’Brien, whose England debut came in last season’s Vitality IT20 Physical Disability Tri-Series campaign.
The young cricketers will have unique access to:
- The £1.8m Sir Rod Aldridge Cricket Centre outdoor and indoor facilities, home to Sussex Women’s Cricket and used for winter training by the Sussex Men’s squad
- Our EBC Level 3 and 4 coaching team:
- Alexia Walker: Our Director of Cricket and Sussex Women’s Head Coach
- Simon Funnell: Director of Sport for BACA & PACA. Former Sussex U9-U11Boys Head Coach
- Georgia Adams: Assistant ACA Coach, Sussex Women’s Captain, Sussex EPP Coach, and
- Tim Van Noort: Sussex Junior Cricket Pathway Lead Coach U9-U12.
The academy’s mission is to ensure all students benefit from an excellent education, secure great qualifications and develop into young adults who are the first choice recruits for universities and employers. We inspire each of our students to take control of their education as they develop the knowledge and skills they need to follow their passions into a successful future.