“The hard work you put in pays off”- GCSE results day at PACA
Portslade Aldridge Community Academy Principal Mark Poston congratulated PACA’s GCSE students as they collected their results this morning.
“We are incredibly proud of all our leavers this year, who have kept up their focus and motivation despite all the changes that lockdowns and isolations have thrown at them. We are celebrating some great results that are the product of the hard work of our students, the support of our parents and the dedication and expertise of the staff. We wish all our leavers the best of luck in their next adventures.”
Particular commendations went to five students who made outstanding achievements:
- Daniel Prajapati (4 grade 9s, 2 grade 8 and 3 grade 7s) Daniel said: “I’m really happy with my results. I can now go on to BHASVIC to study A levels in Computer Science, Business and Maths. I had a great time at PACA and I’m really looking forward to the future”
- Rebecca Bushby (6 grade 9s, 3 grade 8s)
- Guo Ting Yang (5 grade 9s, 4 grade 8s and two grade 7s) Guo said: “I’m shocked surprised and pleased. My heart is beating so fast right now. I’d like to thank the teachers for everything they have done to support me. I am going on to do Biology, Chemistry and Maths at BHASVIC”.
- Ben Robertson (7 grade 9s, 2 grade 8s and 2 grade 7s) Ben said: “My message to other PACA students is to keep trying. I would like to say thank you to the staff for everything” Ben is going onto BHASVIC to study Computer Science, Maths and Physics.
- Sophie Ash (3 grade 9s, 5 grade 8s and 1 grade 7) Sophie said: “I’m going to BHASVIC to study Law, Psychology and Biology. My message to PACA students is to keep trying. The hard work you put in pays off. Thanks to the teachers for always being there to help.”
Mr Poston also congratulated a number of students who made remarkable progress in the time at PACA, gaining an average grade more than a grade and a half higher than was predicted from their primary school scores.
Stanley Cornwell, Sonny Atwood and Connor Randall all achieved a string of strong grades as well as getting the highest mark of Distinction star (D*) in Performing Arts. Stanley and Sonny are off to Northbrook to study Drama whilst Connor will go to IC Theatre to do the same. All three boys have aspirations to pursue a career in acting and have thoroughly enjoyed taking part in school shows such as our August 2021 summer school production of Oliver.
Lillie Andrews made amazing progress. Amongst other passes, she gained 6s in English Language and Literature and a 7 in Photography. Lillie said “I loved studying Photography at PACA because I was allowed to be as creative as I wanted to be.”
Erin McGeever and Lauren Bowtle both made amazing progress at PACA and were delighted with their results. Erin’s message for staff was “Thank you so much for believing in me when I didn’t believe in myself. I have loved every minute at PACA”.