Opportunities within our central Trust team
Depending on the role, these may be based at our London office or at one of our schools.
Clerk to the Governors - Duke's Aldridge Academy
Salary: £17 per hour / £255 per meeting
Location: London NW17
Job start date: September 2020
Closing date for receipt of applications: 6th July 2020
Interview date: 10th July 2020
Contract type: Tasked based
Contract term: Permanent
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Clerk to the Governors of Duke’s Aldridge Academy.
As Clerk you will provide advice governance, constitutional and procedural matters to the Local Governing Committee (LGC). There will be a total of 5 planned LGC meetings per academic year plus additional meetings e.g. exclusions/appeals/staff panels and parental meetings as necessary.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparation, typing and distribution of agendas and associated paperwork
- Accurate note taking and typing up of minutes at Governor meetings as well as any working parties
- Maintaining accurate records of the Governing Body and its membership and updating DfE records
- Initiate recruitment process for appointing new Governors and sending out welcome packs
- Advising the Governing Body on procedural issues, legal responsibilities and constitutional matters
- Policy preparation, maintenance, and distribution to staff and Governors
Knowledge of how schools and governing bodies operate would be an advantage along with previous experience of similar work.
A copy of the job description and person specification can be found downloaded here. Please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Clea Holmes should you require any further information.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you are interested in this role, please complete an application form and return it for the attention of Clea Holmes, Human Resources Manager via email at email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is midnight 6th July 2020
Interviews will be held on10th July 2020
Opportunities within our schools
Current opportunities include:
Head of Year 7 - Darwen Aldridge Community Academy, Lancashire
Reprographics Manager - Duke's Aldridge Academy, London
School within a School Manager - Duke's Aldridge Academy, London
Pastoral and Behaviour Support Manager - Portslade Aldridge Community Academy, Brighton
To view all of the opportunities in our schools please visit the individual schools’ websites.